NEWS:

A BIG welcome and a BIG thanks to our wonderful readers. Whomever you all are, thanks for checking us out!


Friday, July 3, 2009

Gossip Girl

Thanks to my earnings from the latest Flea Market I was able to make a lump sum donation to the Alleria Town Fund. 200,000 bells has bought our town a new bridge!

As mentioned previously, I've been nervous about the bridge placement. I've seen pictures of the options in other peoples towns where the new bridge can only be placed next to existing bridges. What a waste! Fortunately, while my options weren't stellar, they were okay.

I chose the one on top. It might prove to be useful, as I don't currently have a pathway where the new bridge will leave the island. (I call the island Merry Island since she seems to think she's special enough to plop her house there, haha.)

June came and went quickly and now we find ourselves in the beginning of July! Wow! Bugs....everywhere! On Wednesday, I got this message on my board:

Even though the rain means no watering, I'll be glad when the hot weather shows up. I'm ready to have an actual chance to catch the tarantula and scorpion! Speaking of the tarantula, I saw him last night as I was moving flowers around. I had the perfect opportunity to catch the guy as I snuck up, watched his movements but I made one wrong step and he scuttled off not to be found again. It was so weird to be standing perfectly still watching the giant spider circle me! I even pulled my net out at one point but chickened out as he started to turn towards me. Argh. I need the courage to just pull it out and give it a chance!
Tarantula and scorpions aside, there are bugs GALORE. It's actually loud in town...when it's not raining.


I caught most of these guys when it was raining and they weren't making any noise. They all look the same!

Chrissy was more excited than I was.
Thanks to the onslaught of insects, the bug portion of the museum is filling up quickly and Blathers is one part disgusted and one part excited.


Now on to the more interesting stuff....town gossip!
Remember when Chrissy was sick and she was being all dramatic, telling me to say good-bye to Marcel for her? Well, Marcel came down with a cold and gave me a message to send to Chrissy.

Is it just me or do I sense a romance between the two? They're on their 'death beds' of their respective illnesses and they both want the other to know....how sweet. I'll be on the watch for more clues <3.
Merry spotted Blanca in town the other day and had a lot to say about the mysterious face-less kitty.

Oh, Merry. Always the fashionista.
And we already have a new neighbor who has replaced Rhonda! That's right, Kiki moved in and plopped herself down right in Rhonda's old spot next to me. When I walked in to introduce myself, she was staring out the window at my house.

Kind of creepy.
She's a cat...but with a pig-like nose.

Yup creepy.
She seems nice enough but I was really hoping my recruiting efforts would pay off and Chevre would move in. No dice.

Fishing buddies
My dear friend Static got a little jealous when he heard about mine and Antonios' photo shoot. So he went out of his way to find a casual shirt (like me) and we posed for a photo. I love this picture.
Avery continues to surprise me with his giant chest. This time, as I was making my way to the museum, I spotted a giant K.K. face staring towards me. Eeek!

I couldn't get a picture quick enough but imagine not seeing Averys' face, just that giant head of K.K.!
Chrissy, the drama lover, came to me and told me she was moving yesterday.

It didn't take any convincing to stay at all before she already changed her mind.

*sigh* Chrissy: The Alleria Attention Whore
Avery made a strange comment to me yesterday:

Whaaaat?!
This made me think...what if I was living in a village of furries?!
AH! EW!
And last but definitely not least, another one to file under the Marcel Adorable Files:

Ohhhhh Marcel. The plague?! Really?
I love him.

Oh! One more! I like this picture just because of it's awful timing:

4 comments:

  1. Whoa, what was Avery talking about in the first place to provoke that comment? :D

    Your blog is amazingly detailed; I love it! It also inspired me to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arcadia, I'll be checking out your blog.
    I don't remember what Avery was talking about before, it just stuck out as such a weird thing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I'm the same way about Tarantulas and Scorpions, I always freak out so much that the bug gets away... or I get bitten. I need to stay calm! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, whenever I see a scorpion or tarantula, i get bitten! Man, it totally stinks...anyway..love this blog! You know..I think i'll make my own blog like this! Thanks for getting me inspired!! It helps, and your blog ROCKS! :D

    ReplyDelete