NEWS:

A BIG welcome and a BIG thanks to our wonderful readers. Whomever you all are, thanks for checking us out!


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One Down, One To Go (The Terrible Two)

First things first.
I DID IT!
I caught a tarantula!

Whoo whoo whoo!
Okay....phew....here's what happened:
Last night, I crept around town for 15 minutes or so. I mean really crept...as in barely moved. It was painful but it paid off as I was following the path back from Static's house. Ever so slowly, I walked north until I stopped dead in my tracks. I spotted a tarantula directly in front of me about 20 paces north.
Okay breathe, I told myself, you can do this.
I stayed perfectly still as I watched him, determining which way he was facing. He started crawling towards me. I took the slightest step towards him and stopped again. He continued going south until he literally stopped right next to me. I slooooowly started to turn as he continued going south. He then moved in front of me. Perfect chance. I knew I had to do it.
He stopped, I took a big breath, pulled out my net and captured him!
It couldn't of happened in a better way. It was luck but I didn't care, I had that darn tarantula! And I never got bit! (Well, only because I was too scared to ever pull my net out)
I raced to the museum and shoved it into Blathers' wings.

Who is documenting these things?

After Blathers was done rambling on I rushed to see my spidey-friend in his spot.

Finally! I can't wait to get his friend, the scorpion, in his rightful place.
After leaving the museum quite festively I thought why not test my luck and see if I can spot the scorpion around town. I haven't even seen one yet, let alone tried to catch one!
A half hours search turned up nothing but another tarantula who took a dive into the river.
That's okay, one down - one to go!

The past few days I've been working on a task that I've been meaning to for quite some time - arranging flowers. It is a long tedious task but things are starting to look so much better.

If you're just starting out, please take my advice; start early!!
My efforts started paying off the day after I arranged the hybrid-growing sections...

My first purple pansy!


Yet another pink cosmo


Pansy Parade, my favorite section

Yesterday our new bridge magically appeared!

I'm actually pretty happy with it's placement. It's not ideal but it gave me a chance to build a new path thru a previously wild section.



Oh! And more on the Chrissy/Marcel romance! Marcel made a revealing comment last night.

Marcel into fashion? Why could that be....ohhhh. Chrissy likes fashion so what could Marcel do to get closer to her? Riiiight.
It wasn't more than five minutes later when I visited with Chrissy that she had a special delivery.

So I raced down the path back to Marcel.


These two are either in looooove or are participating in a rather sweet clothing exchange.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the tarantula! I admire your calm patience. I shrieked like a little girl when I saw it. Those things scare me! And in all honesty, I thrust the controller at my boyfriend who caught it for me. I would never have been able to stand still and whip out my net in front of it like that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG CONGRATS! I still haven't caught mine yet. I saw BOTH of the creepy crawlies the other night, with the Scorpion appearing like 10 minutes after I saw the Tarantula. I followed one around, in an attempt to corner it before taking out my net. Of course, I ended up losing sight of them cuz I have too many darn trees and flowers in my town! I should just be braver and take my net out as soon as they aren't 'looking' at me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the tarantula! They look so real, graphics or not, and I always freak out when I see them and my heart starts pounding. I got attacked and fainted before I even knew one was behind me. By the way, how do you take pictures using emotions without showing the menu below?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody!
    Marissa, to take pictures of emotions without the menu showing up, I use a USB keyboard and push F5 through F8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, smart! Though I have a keyboard hooked up, I never thought to do that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete