NEWS:

A BIG welcome and a BIG thanks to our wonderful readers. Whomever you all are, thanks for checking us out!


Monday, July 20, 2009

Fun In The Sun


I have to agree, Static.

Because of my volunteer work outside of Alleria (shhh, don't tell my animal friends but I do have a life outside of Alleria), I missed the Bug-Off. Bad news for me but good news for Static!

I would of totally whomped him and his measly jewel beetle. So it's a good thing I was gone. And besides, I should probably step aside every once in awhile and let somebody else win. Not to sound conceited or anything...
By the time I got back, it was already dark in Alleria. I still had to water though so I scurried around town.
I've been wondering lately when I would finally find one of those!
I was hoping to have some quality time to hunt for the scorpion but I was already tired and didn't feel up to tip-toeing around. So I started to head back home when I ran into Mallary.
No, no you're not.
Does this mean that within this month we will be 100% duck-free?! I can't dream of a better wish! Goodbye Mallary, the sooner you leave the better! So until she is packing her belongings, anytime I see her I will remind her of her promise to move on.

Yesterday was a hot one and luckily I had the chance to spend some time on the beach fishing and shell collecting.
I didn't really catch a whole lot. My most notable were a couple puffer fish (one which went directly to Blathers), a sun fish, and another blue marlin. I'm hoping that my time spent lurking on the beach helped my tan. I'm tired of being so pale!
It seemed like Chrissy wasn't so keen on getting a little sun.
It looked pretty odd to see her walking around with an umbrella in the heat but I understand. That creamy white face of hers would probably burn to a crisp without proper protection!
As I relaxed on the beach, I couldn't help but notice that she seemed to be hovering in one area. Why could that be...ohhhh. Marcel has a beachfront house two doors down from me. Maybe she was trying to catch a glimpse of Marcel sun-bathing?!
When I confronted her about why she seemed to be focused on Marcel's house, it caught her off guard.
Busted
I thought it was funny but Chrissy was embarrassed and trotted away. She should know better by now!
Later in the evening, they did a switcharoo. Chrissy went inside and Marcel was found standing in her yard.
Ugh I just feel like they should profess their love to each other already!

That evening, I spent two hours chasing banded dragonflies around town, tearing up my grass in the process I'm sure. No luck there but I did catch something pretty cool...
I immediately recognized it for what it was because I knew I hadn't dropped anything near my flowers. I crept up to catch it but it took off at a slower pace and after a few mis-timed swings I caught it! These guys are pretty funny for how similar they look to furniture!

3 comments:

  1. Grats on the prospect of becoming duck free! I just had my last duck move out of town. (I *almost* miss him, but that's just because he was there for so long her grew on me). Now I just have to get rid of the pig. I think if I wait long enough Lobo might make some bacon out of him though. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Sarah... I think Marcel is probably gay. I mean, look at all the makeup he wears! And he's obsessed with clothes! You never know... lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG gluxbox that is hilarious! I never thought of it that way...maybe he is...LOL!

    ReplyDelete