NEWS:

A BIG welcome and a BIG thanks to our wonderful readers. Whomever you all are, thanks for checking us out!


Friday, July 17, 2009

Out With The New, In With The Newer


Yup she really left.
Kiki must have been on vacation from her REAL hometown because she just stayed in Alleria for a cup of coffee.
That's fine though! That makes more room for a neighbor who actually wants to stay around.
Who will it be this time?! Please not another duck...

Hurray! A refreshing face!

Bettina, a very sweet little mouse, moved in quickly and politely took the coveted spot next door to me.
The word spread quickly of a new pretty face in town.

I caught Marcel peeking through the window. Couldn't he knock?! Oh Marcel....

Thanks to my wonderful gardens, I'm getting at least one new hybrid a day. And I couldn't do it without the help of my neighbors. They've all pitched in to get some watering done. It seems like it's actually catching on as a great community activity!


Everybody in town seems to be excited for this weekends' Bug-Off.

I hope I have time to enter! I have lots to do this weekend so hopefully I can give Avery and everybody else a run for their money.

Last night I had to hurry and finish my watering before bedtime. As I was heading down a path next to the northern part of the river I saw a shadow as big as a sea bass. I knew it was something special!

That's right, 'It's about time-a'! Finally, I was able to rush it off to the museum before I went to sleep.

A couple days ago, I ran into Mallary and Antonio in a strange conversation:

Mallary flipped out, berating poor Antonio. She didn't know if she was more upset because he would think she would ever marry him or because he was asking if she thought it would be weird. Geez....

The whole mess of a conversation put a sour mood into the warm evening air.

Antonio was pretty shaken up. He thought he was asking a fair question.

Mallary actually took the chance to step back and look at her attitude. If Antonio thinks it would be weird to be married to me....
I could sense the lack of self confidence in Mallary. Yikes.... I took a couple steps back onto the path and ran to a less awkward section of town.

You know what is not awkward at all? A conversation with the great Marcel!
...
Okay, sometimes it is awkward...
Maybe a lot of times...
But! It's always adorable!
As I made my way towards home, Marcel stopped me with an urgent story of how he had this super-awesome dream. And I was in it!
As I was zoning out, I missed all the details but apparently Marcel was so moved by this dream that he felt like he needed to give me a new nickname:

I've been known as many things in Alleria but S-bot? Really?
As usual with Marcel, I sighed and agreed. He could call me S-bot.
Marcel trotted off as happily as ever, whistling his favorite tune.

In regards to Chrissy, nothing much has happened. Although, one conversation with Marcel led me to find out why he's so darn happy to receive those gifts from her:

Marcel, mamas' boy

No comments:

Post a Comment