NEWS:

A BIG welcome and a BIG thanks to our wonderful readers. Whomever you all are, thanks for checking us out!


Sunday, May 17, 2009

Turn up the bass!


Yesterday was the Black Bass Fishing Tourney in Alleria.
I wasn't sure I was going to participate since I've already got my trophies. Why be a show-off? Why not give somebody else a chance?
So I started off casually fishing, not worrying about being in first place. Until I ran into Snake.

Excuse me?
What's with the attitude, buddy?
So I started getting a little competitive. "That Snake, he needs to be put in his place", I thought. I know he's a jock and he thrives on competition but that was just rude!
With each of us going back and forth it turned into a war. A trash talking war.

I was pulling black bass out of the water left and right. Running back and forth, turning in new fish trying to beat my own record of 22.0 inches. Then Blaire came out of nowhere and did me one better, literally. 22.1 inches. Gah! That's just wrong!
I ran into Snake once again.

As the sun slowly started sliding down, Snake was starting to lose his temper. He hadn't beaten any records! I started to wonder if he was actually catching anything. Was Snake all talk? Was he trying to boost his confidence and luck by talking smack to me? It wasn't long before I overheard him talking to himself.

Ohhh boy. What a cheater....er, what an idiot. Chumming the water? Are you serious?
That's about the time that I wrote Snake off. He's no competition. He's my buddy but he's definitely not the brightest bulb in the world.
Snake and Blaire weren't the only other ones participating in this tourney. Antonio tried his best also.

Oh yeah Antonio? Kind of like this?

I rule.
Honestly, Antonio didn't have much of a chance. That was pretty evident when he let me in on a little tip.

Poor guy.
Even Marcel tried to get into the spirit of competition.

Marcel was nowhere near the river. I tried giving him a push towards the right direction but he just ended up getting mad at me. Darn you Chrissy! I still love you, Marcel.
After all the trash talking, cheating, and general spirit of competition, I won.

And with that, I'm thinking I should probably retire from the rigorous Alleria Fishing Tourneys. Maybe give Snake a glimmer of hope.

But the fishing tourney wasn't the only thing happening yesterday. I was able to also catch a few things I've been looking high and low for.

Since the only time I do a lot of river fishing is during the specific fish fishing tourneys, I found that the catfish is actually located in the river. You see, my guide says 'pond' and I assumed that to be the little bodies of water scattered throughout town. No. Those are 'holding ponds'. The pond the guide is referring to is the areas in the river that are wider. So, now that that is cleared up I caught quite a few of those feline fishies.
The next one was something I've been actively looking for in the river.

I'm glad that the fishing tourney forces me to stay looking on the river. Even though every time I passed the river I would keep my eyes peeled for the 'goldfish shadow', it wasn't until yesterday that I managed to snatch one up.
And finally! The most exciting catch for me.

FINALLY. This little camouflaged insect has been tricking me for quite some time now. I know he hides on white flowers but every time I would let my guard down and move quickly around areas I knew had white flowers planted, one would inevitably be hiding and would fly off before I noticed. I spent a lot of time sneaking around, trying to spot one of these boogers. Yesterday, I just happened to be moving along at a quick pace and stopped in my tracks when I saw him. I'm glad the search is finally over. Can you spot which one he's on?

When I skipped over to the museum to hand him over to Blathers, he explained how disgusting it is when you pick up a flower and accidentally touch the underside of the mantis's belly.

Oh. My. God. Blathers has some underlying issues with bugs that are worse off than I thought. Whenever you hand over a bug he always freaks out but this was the worst reaction I've seen. He needs some help with that. I tried comforting him all to no avail. Poor guy.

After all the excitement of catching fish and bugs, I decided to pay a visit to the poor creatures to whom I've served a life sentence to in the Alleria museum.

Stuck in overcrowded tanks, this is what they will see for the rest of their lives. Sorry, water friends.

I snuck off to the city to see if anything interesting was going on.

It was raining so I guess the storm front that was hanging over Alleria the past week has moved onwards. Since there wasn't any watering done yesterday, I'll see if the rumor is true. Supposedly if it's dry in town and raining in the city when you visit, all your watering will have magically been done. I guess I'll find out today.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah truly is a marvel at her sport. I've been following her career since she was a junior fisher in college. The school paper for Alleria Town University ran an article that interviewed her, her coach, and her fellow fishermen. Everyone knew something special was within that girl, and she's certainly gone on to prove herself everything she was made out to be -- and more! It's unfortunate to see that competition is intimidated by her so much that they would cheat. I certainly hope that the judges take a long hard look at such behavior and issues some red flags in their direction.

    Chrissy sure doesn't seem to want to change. She obviously gets a kick out of taking advantage of innocent trusting citizens by lying to them. Someone needs to pull Marcel aside and inform him about Chrissy's bad attitude and behavior.

    Thanks to Allerica Action News 6 for being the first to report on the goings on of the Fishing Tournament. I'd really like to see some investigative action taken towards Snake and his reckless contamination of the waters during his attempt to cheat.

    -- Your Loyal Readership

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the comment above me!

    I agree that its TOTALLY weird that we had the same tournament, and caught/won with the same exact size black bass!

    Guess that just means we're both awesome. :-P

    ReplyDelete