NEWS:

A BIG welcome and a BIG thanks to our wonderful readers. Whomever you all are, thanks for checking us out!


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coelacanth Hunting


I went fishing late tonight (technically, last night) and spotted two coelacanths. The first one I missed. But the second one I caught easily. I kind of feel foolish now that I've caught two and seen another. Why didn't I try later at night? Well, I guess I have an excuse. It hasn't rained this much in Alleria, usually it's over in an hour or two. This rain has lasted three or four days. Also, I get up at 4:30AM for work so I don't play very late. Hurrah for the weekend!
Okay. I thought I ended up with better pictures but I was kind of disappointed in them. For anybody out there that has trouble finding that elusive coelacanth or hasn't seen a fish larger than the sea bass, here is the difference:


Sea Bass




Yes, a coelacanth!

This guide has better pictures than mine. Very handy.


I forgot to mention that I've had the basement for about a week now. Obviously haven't done anything with it until today when I moved the tuna down and put the new coelacanth beside it. I'm thinking I'll move the upstairs Mario room down. That room is a mess, it's actually embarrassing. It's been model room of the month because of the feng shui. I hope it's not appearing in anybody else's town. If it is, my sincerest apologies for that terrible disaster.

Had another hybrid today.

Yes! A blue pansy I grew myself. I guess my white pansy parade paid off and not in the way I was hoping. I had actually planted those in hopes of spotting a orchid mantis. I still chase those damn bugs away. But hey, I'll take a blue pansy any day!

My good buddy Snake decided to come up with a new, not-so-flattering nickname for me.


Because we're pals, I agreed. Hopefully it will fade away. Either that or I grow fond of it.

And what is it with my crankier neighbors getting the itch to move away? First Static and then today Avery approached with the big news:

I just couldn't deal with my friends leaving me. What would happen? Another duck would move in, that's what. And I'm just not prepared for Duck-apocalypse 2009. Or another round of the bird flu.
Luckily I didn't have to convince Avery at all. I just stated, "Don't go" and he quickly changed his mind.


Maybe he was just looking for some extra attention.

Now that Static has recovered from his moving 'bug', he's back to his good old sarcastic self:

Ahhh, that's the Static I know and love.

Ever wonder why Blaire never gets spoken about? No? Well, she is still in town it's just that she seems to be a house hermit. She stays inside alot and repeats the same thing over and over.

I go over for semi-daily visits but it's a bit awkward. I'm not sure she realizes that all we talk about are the 'special visitors' of Alleria and what I notice when I walk into her house. Oh well.
She's a bit nutty.
(I know. Terrible pun.)
Anyway.
Tomorrow...er, later this morning is the fishing tourney. I'm not too concerned about winning since I have both the silver and gold trophies but I will certainly participate. It's a good way to earn some money.

1 comment:

  1. That Snake always makes me laugh. A+ reporting job from Alerias #1 news team. I always look forward to catching up on the daily activities of the residents of Aleria, so keep it up!

    P.S. Tell Snake I said hi!

    ReplyDelete