NEWS:

A BIG welcome and a BIG thanks to our wonderful readers. Whomever you all are, thanks for checking us out!


Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Rain


Chrissy seems to have made a recovery. Now that she is back on her meds, she has her peppy personality back. Her use of Snakes' catchphrase continues, however.

Tuesday as I was making my watering rounds, I was at the western-most part of town. I heard a whirling sound and caught just a glimpse of Gulliver's UFO for the first time. It exists! Man, that thing is so fast and it was heading west-ward that I had no chance at all to take a picture, let alone catch it.

I was left with a blank look on my face apparently.

The week has been full of rain. Don't get me wrong - I love the rain. It means no watering and more time for fooling around. But it also means I don't get my chance to catch that tarantula because he doesn't show up with the rain. Drat!
In the beginning of the week it was just a small drizzle, just enough to refresh the green in town.

But as the week went on the rain decided to bring it. We're in the middle of a big rain/thunder storm today.

I don't like thunderstorms in real life but I love them in Alleria! The flashes of lightening are a cool touch.
Even though most everybody in Alleria is whining about the rain, Antonio has the right idea:



Yeah. Rhonda, my next door neighbor (or at least the closet neighbor) is the latest Allerian to ponder moving. At least she has the common courtesy to talk it over with me first. Even though she is one of my last remaining original villagers, I decided to encourage her to start afresh. If she decides to pack up, I wish her the best and it will probably be hard to see her off.

With the new inventory coming in at Redd's shop today, I decided to take the bus trip into the city. I've had a string of fake paintings so I've been ready for a new display at our museum.

Finally! I wish there was another way to collect authentics. Buying at Redd's draws the process out. Oh well. The museum is slowly but surely filling up and I'm proud at how great it's looking in just 4 months.

This isn't news or anything, I just thought it was cool. Two diving beetles in the same pond today:


And last but not least, Chrissy offered a tip when we were discussing Pete and his annoyingly one-sided conversations:

Good idea.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you saw the UFO! I haven't seen it in months. I want my next door neighbor Curly to move away also. However, he hasn't mentioned anything about moving, so I've reduced myself to pushing him around and planting pitfalls outside his door. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again! LOL we really should exchange friend codes. Send me an email - gluxbox @ yahoo dot com and include your character's name and FC! Squirt has a few open slots on his friend list, so let's be friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete