NEWS:

A BIG welcome and a BIG thanks to our wonderful readers. Whomever you all are, thanks for checking us out!


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Better late than never

Uggh. I haven't had time to post so I need to catch up.
Obviously, the first Bug-Off of the summer was on Saturday.

I was up early (shock!) and got out the front door just in time for the beginning of it. I'd never met Nat before and he turned out to be quite the character.

And (no shock here), he was hungry.


Who lets these creeps in? Posing as "tourney" officials, all they want to do is eat your catches. We need better security, I think.
The day started with Marcel in the lead with his tiger butterflies. Yes, I say butterfliES because he toppled my record TWICE with his stupid tiger butterflies. Even though there seemed to be an influx of flying creatures in town, for some reason I couldn't get past the 'lil bugger. (Yeeessss, pun intended)

Of course there aren't any bugs with all these nets around.
As is usual in Alleria, the competition heated up as the day wore on. We traded records back and forth and tempers started to flare.

Personally, I keep a cool head. I knew I would end up winning so I decided to help out others. I took the time to teach Avery how to properly catch a bug.

Even with my helpful ways, I just couldn't help the eternally helpless.

What I really like about these tournaments is that it gives me an excuse to play for an extended amount of time. That means I can hunt for those few elusive bugs and fish I haven't yet caught.

Because I dislike having stumps in town (Save the trees!), I sacrificed one tree (which I plan on re-planting now that I have the beetle) so I could catch that violin beetle. It took forever but I finally found the little guy hanging out on the top of the stump. I also caught quite a few birdwing and agrias butterflies. I swore I had donated them already but they became new additions to the museum and I saved a birdwing for the upcoming Flea Market.
Pretty much the only thing I have left for this month is the tarantula and the goliath beetle. I can't find those two for the life of me! I have plenty of palm trees, I don't know what is keeping them from attracting the beetles. I've seen only one and I scared him away before I realized he was there. Darn!

After a long day of bug-hunting and grass-trampling, I pulled out the win.

Luckily I didn't have to use birdwings. Not worth it when I can sell them!

In other news, I finally (FINALLY) paid off my mortgage.

I am ridiculously slow when it comes to making money so this has been a long process for me. Up next I'll start on the Alleria Town Fund. I hear a lot of rumbles for a new bridge...I wonder what ridiculous spot we will place it in?
Tom Nook didn't seem all that upset that he wouldn't be regularly getting large chunks of money from me. After all, he knows I'll stop by Nook 'n Go everyday!

What a weird thing to laugh about, Tom Nook.
Psh, I'm so cheap I don't even buy paper to write letters from him. I always nab it from the lost and found or use the annoying Redd Invitation he so graciously hands out. Unfortunately, Static was too smart and realized I used the Redd paper:

Good to know.

Yesterday, that worthless lump of camel stopped by.

Go away.
My neighbors were very gracious in their carpet-giving this time around. I think I ended up with 7 carpets or so.

EXTREEEEEME!!!
Needless to say, I ended up with ZERO Saharah-exclusives.


Bam. Random cool photo.

The only other thing of note that happened is Antonio and I shot our album cover for our future C.D. No, we aren't in a band or anything but if we ever are, we have the perfect pictures to use. Check it out.


summer rain
a red umbrella opens
between them

I found that haiku randomly on Google. Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. The key to getting an exclusive carpet is giving her three carpets or walls at time. If you just give her them one at a time, she gives you a normal wall or carpet. I love your blog and read it frequently and I thought I would share this tip with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Thank you so much, that would be the problem. Thanks for reading the blog I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Don't get rid of that tree stump yet - next month there's a bug called the Longhorn Beetle that shows up only on stumps! I've noticed that Goliath Beetles appear more while it's raining, if that's any help. Oh, and don't keep more than three carpets/wallpapers in your pockets when you donate them to Saharah, cuz she'll take em all and just give you one rare item!

    PS - I have an extra Ancient Wall and a Shoji Screen (Saharah likes to give the same ones over and over), so you can have them if you want! :-)

    ReplyDelete